Sat, 21 Oct|
Collage Journal Workshop with Phoebe Hofsteede
Learn how to create a collage journal using repurposed papers, vintage ephemera, washi tape and various materials.
Time & Location
21 Oct 2023, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Samford Village, 48 Main St, Samford Village QLD 4520, Australia
About the event
Collaging is often an intuitive activity that can provide an insight into one’s life via the subconscious or simply provide mindfulness through the simplicity of sorting through images, cutting, assembling & glueing items to create a desired composition.
In this workshop Phoebe will provide an introduction to the art of mixed media collage using repurposed papers, vintage ephemera & various materials. As an art therapy practitioner, Phoebe will guide participants through meditation, sparking intuitive creativity and curiosity when it comes to designing journal pages that speak from the heart. Participants are provided with all tools & materials for collaging, as well as an A5 visual journal and collage starter pack containing stickers, papers & washi tape to take home.
Included in the workshop ticket:
- A short guided meditation to ground into the space, ready for creating
- Access to repurposed & vintage papers, magazine cuttings, washi tape, pens, pencils etc
- An A5 size visual journal & collage starter pack of stickers, papers & washi tape
- Herbal tea with a vegan & GF snack
- Space to create & explore your self expression
What to bring:
- Openness to learn new skills
- Any of your own collected paper materials you wish to collage with (photographs, cards, quotes, poems, keepsakes)
What you learn:
- Where best to source materials for collaging
- How to create & design mixed media collages
- How to use collage making as a form of art therapy & mindfulness
- Practise fine motor skills & design skills
Phoebe Hofsteede is a mixed media artist and creative art therapy practitioner based in the Moreton Bay area, who has been practising art for over 15 years. Phoebe creates unique artworks using real pressed flowers, collage and paint overlaying her photographs of landscapes, still life or portraits. As a creative art therapy practitioner, Phoebe shares her love of healing through art & nature directly with clients, guiding them to understand how creative expression aids the mind-body connection in order to heal physically, mentally & spiritually. Phoebe’s services include group workshops, as well private individual sessions where she is able to support each client through their own creative expression and exploration.
- Ticket type
Collage Workshop Ticket
Included in the workshop ticket: - A short guided meditation to ground into the space, ready for creating - Access to repurposed & vintage papers, magazine cuttings, washi tape, pens, pencils - An A5 size visual journal & collage starter pack of stickers, papers & washi tape - Herbal tea with a vegan & GF snackPrice$70.00
+$1.75 service fee+$1.75 service fee